Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"No Treadmill? This can't be cardio..."

Obviously I'm being sarcastic in the title (i'm a major smartass, give me a break I work at a bar on the weekends). As most of you already know, I get a group of 8-10 people together 1-2 times per week for some "Cardio".

Most of these sessions revolve around drills with the prowler, sled, kettlebells, jump stretch bands, sandbags, med ball, sprinting and body weight calisthenics (look out for my new tug of war rope this coming week though).

These tools are great for competitive athletes, but for athletics I need to break down the energy system requirements in greater detail in terms of the work to rest ratio's, weights used, songs played, etc...

I'm gearing this call to action to the recreational lifters (& power lifters who are out of shape), fitness enthusiasts, bodybuilders and figure competitors. There is no better way while having minimal time to encinerate body fat and build your work capacity than with these types of drills/circuits that you're about to see. Might I add, these can make you want to cry to your mother after 10 minutes if I so feel the need to make them THAT challenging. But generally they'll last 15-30 minutes (usually with a 5 minute intermission to change out equipment).

Have a look at the video and if you're in Michigan and want to participate with yours truly them shoot me a message. If you like them but don't live anywhere near me then shoot me a message and I"ll tell you how to set these up on your own.

2-3 sessions per week of this "Cardio" on top of 3-4 Strength training sessions and you'll be a "Bronzed God"

1 comment:

Handsome Rob said...

Good shit....your blogs help alot ;P

Keep em coming!

Rob